Hank

Hank

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Picking Berries



Joe and I went over to mom and dad's tonight to water the garden, eat dinner, and walk through the trails. While we were walking through the trails, Joe noticed blackberries- and mom and I decided it would be worth it to pick them. It soon became a game how many blackberries we could all pick - and all four of us ignored the pricklies on the bush to fill up a bag of berries. Mom decided she would ride the tractor to go faster, and there were a couple of times we heard her say, "oh crap," and thought she was stuck, ran out of gas, or hit a tree - because she was flooring it. In the end, we picked 2 cups of berries - which is about $8.00 in the store. There were hundreds of berries, and in about another week - they will be ripe to pick again. I would like to make blackberry jam, but I dont have enough yet - so I will keep picking.


























No comments:

Post a Comment